Friday, June 17, 2011

Hello and welcome!

I am Mrs. U. I have been a teacher since 1998, and a blogger since 2005. This is my first educational blog, and I'm extremely excited to have this tool of communication for sharing pictures, videos, daily news, and projects of my 2nd grade class. While this blog has been set up primarily for the purpose of sharing information and ideas with my 2nd graders and their families, I will also be sharing resources and tips with my fellow teachers. And I just might sneak in some posts about my life outside of the classroom!

Parents, please make sure you sign up in my sidebar under "Follow by Email" and you will be updated each time I post on this blog. My goal is to post something twice a week, whether it is information about our classroom, our school, or tips on what you can be doing at home to make sure your 2nd grader has a successful school year. Also, feel free to take a look at all the resource links in my sidebar. I will definitely be adding to these lists into the school year.

Special thanks to my scrapbooking friend, Kristina of Two Happy Mamas Blog Design for helping me out with the set-up of this blog. Kristina has her own personal blog at http://www.one-happy-mama.com where she hosts tons of wonderful giveaways. Kristina's sweet daughter was recently diagnosed with Type I Diabetes, and she's raising money to help find a cure. Anyone who would like to donate to "Caylin's Cure" please check for details HERE.