Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fall Into Reading



I wanted to share the current theme of our bulletin board before I take it down and switch it out. For the theme "Fall Into Reading", the 2nd graders made book recommendations on books that they had in their book bins. The kids were really excited to read each others' book recommendations, but what was even more exciting for them was that students from other grades would stop and read what they wrote! I personally enjoyed hearing comments such as, "I remember that book!" and "That's one of my favorite books!"












 Another bulletin board we have outside our classroom door features our Superstar of the Week and our weekly newsletter. The Superstar of the Week poster attracts quite a bit of attention from students who are passing by our classroom.















One last share - a printable mini-poster that I happened to find on a teacher's blog. Sorry I am unable to give credit to that teacher as I cannot remember which blog it was from. At any rate, I love the quote and wanted to share.