Monday, September 30, 2013

Apple Unit









The kids learned an awful lot about apples last week. Thursday was Johnny Appleseed's birthday. Sadly, I had to miss out because I was in Orlando attending a meeting at the conference office. However, I made sure that our sub kept the kids busy with plenty of Johnny Appleseed activities. Ms. Lisa was even kind enough to bring Honeycrisp apples for the kids to enjoy, fresh from her family's recent trip to Washington state. Thank you, Ms. Lisa!


 Friday's apple activities were definitely the most popular ones of the week. In the morning the class participated in an apple tasting party. We sampled various products made from apples. The kids recorded whether or not they liked each food. At the end of our tasting party, each child voted for their favorite apple product on a pictograph.


 In the afternoon we all had fun with this Johnny Appleseed craftivity, inspired by an activity I found on Pinterest. I think the kids did an awesome job! I love how each creation turned out so differently.