Thursday, May 31, 2012

Judge U

To end the year, the 2nd graders were assigned to write a persuasion paper giving three reasons why our special guest Judge U should allow them to move on to the third grade. While I meant for this to be a fun activity, the 2nd graders took this assignment very seriously. A number of them thought that for sure they would not pass the 2nd grade! I assured them they would do just fine.

Judgement day took place yesterday, and our classroom turned into a courtroom. Judge U was dressed in a robe (in our school's color, royal blue, of course!) and even brought an over-sized gavel with her! The 2nd graders each took turns at the stand, pleading their cases as to why they should be promoted to third. There were countless sighs of relief after presentations were made. One student even exclaimed, "That was a lot easier than I thought it would be!" I am happy to report that every single 2nd grader passed and will be promoted to third grade. Though I am sad to see this class go, I am extremely proud of all their hard work and the accomplishments they have made throughout this school year.