Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Finally!

I am still here! We've been in Florida for five weeks and counting. I haven't had much time to do anything except unpack our house, set up my classroom, and get ready for the start of a school year.

Here are a few pictures of my classroom before I started setting up. My room is quite spacious as you can see.























 One of the first things I set up was our classroom library.
Our first day of school was one week ago today. I've been having a wonderful time getting to know my students. One thing to get used to are all the bugs and spiders. I'm not a bug person. Don't get me wrong. I'm fascinated by them (that's the science loving person in me talking), but there are tons of them and many are BIG. For example, I had to rescue one of my little firsties from this spider the other day during recess time:


A spider person I am not. But as the teacher, I had to put on my brave face even though all I wanted to do was scream and run the other direction!

One fun thing that the kids have been doing at recess is finding little frogs. This is definitely not something we ever did during recess back in Illinois.



Unforuntely, one of my own children fell and spent some time in the ER last night. We're hoping and praying that once the doctors are able to get a clear picture of his elbow, they'll be able to rule out a fracture. We shall see . . .



Happy Wednesday!