Sunday, January 13, 2013

Scientist of the Week #1

Happy 2013, everyone! I apologize for being M.I.A. over the past two months. The holidays kept me extremely busy at school and at home! I did quite a bit of entertaining over the holidays. One of my closest friends and her family came to visit during Thanksgiving. Then my whole family came to help us ring in the New Year. Having our dear friends and family really helped to ease the homesickness during our very first holidays away from the Chicagoland area. I promise to share photos of some of our holiday activities soon!

Can you believe we are halfway through the school year? Some of the kids are very excited. Others are terrified, particularly those moving out of my classroom into the third grade. There are always a few kids who experience separation anxiety at the end of the year, but I always tell them that they will do just fine because they've trained for 180 days to be third graders. And they really do just fine.

Anyhow . . . on to Scientist of the Week. We had our first demonstration in the classroom. The kids were very excited as was our first presenter. He did a teriffic job, as I know all of the kids will. Here's a video and a few pictures. Enjoy!






This is what the lemons looked like at the end of the school day.


Have a great week!