Sunday, February 3, 2013

Anchor Charts - Nouns, Verbs, Vetebrates, and MLK

Thought I'd share some anchor charts that the kids and I have created to show you some of the things that we have been learning. As you can see, I have a thing for sticky notes. I think it's a teacher thing.

The noun and verb anchor charts were inspired by pins I found on Pinterest. The one on vertebrates I came up with myself. The kids drew their own examples for each group of animals.











































































































Here's one that we did prior to the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday. We created two different diagrams to show what we learned about MLK.




























































This is the craftivity that we did as our culminating activity. After watching MLK's "I have a dream..." speech, the kids documented what their current dreams are.

MLK activities are created by of my very favorite teachers who blogs and creates amazing resources for teachers, Rachelle Smith over at What the Teacher Wants. You can download the mini-unit HERE.


A closer look at two of my first grader's work. Love that Miss J drew the butterflies on her blanket and the moon outside her window and that Mr. K wants to be a teacher someday. I would have never guessed! I love my firsties!




Here's a video on MLK that I shared with the kids. It is my favorite one to show.