Sunday, February 3, 2013

Field Day

This past Friday our school had its annual field day. All the students in the school were divided into four groups and competed against each other, earning points in fun games and activities. I think my personal favorite was watching the kids participate in a screaming contest. The goal of the game was to see which student could run furthest while screaming. Once they ran out of breath they had to stop running. In order to be fair, each student got their own turn to run. (We have a small school, so it didn't take too much time.) I'm proud to say that one of our 2nd grade boys placed third behind a 3rd grader and 6th grader! Unfortunately, I don't have any video any of our games - I was busy supervising and laughing from all the fun we were having. I do have a few picture to share.

Here are some of the kids getting ready for their turn in the "Don't Drop the Marshmallow" game.


This is one of our 2nd grade boys representing his team in the saltine crackers eating content. He competed against 6th graders, and one of them was his brother!