Monday, November 4, 2013

School Spirit Week

Last week was School Spirit Week. What a great time we had dressing up! Here's what our week looked like:
  •  Monday - Pajama Day
  • Tuesday - Sports Day
  • Wednesday - Book Character Day
  • Thursday - Crazy Hair/Tacky Day
  • Friday - Decades Day
Our class won first place for best participation all week! The kids earned themselves a pizza party. As you can imagine, they are over the moon excited. Principal Herr said that this year's Spirit Week was the most participation he has seen from the entire student body in all the years he has been here.

My favorite day was Book Character Day. Here are pictures of me and all the kids.

The Lorax and The Cat in the Hat | Dr. Seuss

Fly Guy | Tedd Arnold
This cutie won best costume for Book Character Day. Some of you might remember
him dressed up as the Pigeon during our end of year book character parade
 last school year. Check out his costume from last year HERE.

Judy Moody and Stink | Megan McDonald

Biscuit and his owner | Alyssa Satin Capucilli 

Detective Zack | Jerry D. Thomas

 
Mary from the Bible

Lego Storm Trooper | Simon Beecroft

Fancy Nancy on the ends | Jane O'Connor ::  Pinkalicious in the middle |  Victoria Kann

Monster truck driver Dennis Anderson | Hot Wheel car
My Little Pony Starsong, the wolf from Peter and the Wolf, Lalaloopsy































































































































































Since I didn't get any photos of the class during any other days, I thought I'd share a few pictures of my own kids from Decades Day.

Kids from the 50s - my son, the Greaser and his cute classmate in her poodle skirt outfit
My daughter dressed up as a Flapper from the 20s with her classmates dressed up as Michael Jackson from the 80s.
(He won best costume for Decades Day!)
Had to share this one of my daughter. On Book Character Day she dressed up as Pippi Longstocking, one of my
favorite characters from childhood. She even has patches on her dress and "gold" coins in her apron pocket!