Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Deep in the Heart of Texas

I'm in Texas with Miss Alabata, Ms. Fawn, and Mrs. Prokop attending a teaching conference by "The Sisters", two of my teaching inspirations. Several of our elementary teachers have been implementing The Sisters' Daily 5 and CAFE programs in the classroom, and we are so excited that we have the opportunity to learn from these experts.

San Antonio is a beautiful city! We walked to the Alamo, took a boat tour along the Riverwalk, and have eaten plenty of delicious Tex-Mex food. I do miss my 2nd graders, and I can't wait to begin applying what we've learned as soon as I get back into the classroom.

Can you guess which feet belongs to which teacher?

The hostesses of our seminar, "The Sisters".
We visited the Alamo and saw a lot of cacti. We are definitely not in Illinois!
On a boat tour of the Riverwalk with the other teachers.
Can you believe there are peacocks roaming around in the backyard of the hotel where we stayed? The other picture is the ceiling of a restaurant where I ate dinner with a friend last night. So pretty and festive!