Thursday, May 23, 2013

Book Character Parade

As part of our end of year celebration, each student was invited come dressed as their favorite book character this past Tuesday. What fun we had trying to guess each other's book character. After we paraded around each classroom of the school, we came back to the Gathering Area of our room and shared why we selected to dress up as our book character. This is the first year I have ever had a book character parade, and I am officially making it a tradition in my classroom!
 
Special thanks to Amelia Bedelia who gave me the idea at the beginning of the year to have a book
character parade in the first place . Well, not really Amelia Bedelia, but the cutie who dressed up as her!
 
Clifford and Pinkalicious

Little Monster and Nicki (and American Girl)
Skippyjon Jones and Stink
Lesley from Bridge to Terabithia and The Little Mermaid Ariel
Grave Digger monster truck driver Dennis Anderson and Rapunzel
Pigeon and Nancy Drew



I had so much fun dressing up as Pinkalicious and just had to take a picture with my blonde-for-a-day son!
Any other Pinkalicious fans out there? If so, I highly recommend that you go and see Pinkalicious the Musical.
My family and I watched it in Chicago a few years ago and loved it. Even the boys!
Introducing our book characters to the Kindergarten class during our parade around the school.