Sunday, May 19, 2013

Cinco de Mayo

The end of the school year is definitely the busiest time of year, so I am playing catch up with all these posts. I promised the kids that I'd put up pictures and videos of all our fun activities, and I intend to keep that promise even if I am behind!

Here's a look at our Cinco de Mayo celebration. We learned about the Mexican culture through books, music, videos, pictures, and food!

I dressed in the colors of the Mexican flag. Several students noticed right away! On the other hand, it took my husband forever to figure it out. I broke out my stash of sombreros and colorful paper flowers that the kids eagerly wore while we listened to Mariachi music and completed fun activities like drawing the Mexican flag. At the end of the day, the kids enjoyed eating chips and salsa while I read the book Chicks and Salsa.































Here are some great resources for celebrating Cinco de Mayo:


Cinco de Mayo, Fiesta Stations Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Stations by Lory Evans - to purchase CLICK HERE.
Mexico Mini Unit Mexico Mini Unit by Michelle Griffo - to purchase CLICK HERE.