Sunday, May 19, 2013

Family Fun Beach Day Field Trip

After a wonderful spring concert on Wednesday evening, students of EPAA spent Thursday with their families at the beach. Students in K-4 went to Sand Key Park Beach, and what a wonderful time we had! It was a gorgeous day. The sun was out and we got a wonderful breeze from the the Gulf to help keep things cool. It was nice to spend the day with all three of my kids who had the best time hanging out with their school friends. We went home with a bucket full of shells and something that my three kids and I have never gotten while living in the Midwest - sunburn! My shoulders hurt so much that I went to Lowes and bought aloe vera plants so that I could put the sap on my sunburn. Lesson learned.

Unfortunately, I didn't take too many pictures. This was all I took. I was too busy having fun! ;o)

My three kiddos and I ready for beach day!

I asked this cutie if she was trying to dig to the mantle of the Earth.
She replied, "No, the inner core!" She had a lot of work ahead of her.
Taking a rest from making sandcastles.

This is my youngest, who will be in my classroom next year! He is clearly happy to be at the beach.

It's not that often that I am on the other side of the camera, but I wanted a picture of me and my son in our beach hats!



The end of our family fun beach day field trip. Best field trip ever (according to my kids)! Until next year . . .