Monday, May 20, 2013

Insects and Measurement Fun

I am playing catch up again . . .

Here are some of the drawings that the kids made for their insect reports. They did such a fabulous job with them!

 

For our measurement unit, the class had a great time walking about the room using their rulers (standard units) and objects (non-standard units) to measure various items. One of the activities was a type of scavenger hunt to find items that fit the given measurement. Can you believe that there was a line to measure my body parts? I love my school kids!




































I Can Measure! (using inches and centimeters) For an excellent resource to supplement your measurement unit, I highly recommend Amy Lemon's "I Can Measure!" unit that has both inches and centimeters activities. To purchase CLICK HERE.